It is, therefore, always encouraging to see historic gardens receiving the recognition they deserve. It may be ‘olds’ rather than ‘news’ but for those (who like me) missed the announcement in June 2011, UNESCO has added the generic Persian Garden to its World Heritage List.
|One of the Nine:Bagh-e Fin (click here for attribution)|
- Ancient Garden of Pasargadae
- Bagh-e Eram, Shiraz.
- Bagh-e Chehel Sotun, Esfahan.
- Bagh-e Fin, Kashan
- Bagh-e Abas Abad, Behshahr.
- Bagh-e Shahzadeh, Kerman.
- Bagh-e Dolat Abad, Yazd.
- Bagh-e Pahlavanpur, Mehriz
- Bagh-e Akbariyeh, Birjand
|The locations of the Persian Gardens.|
|The Lakeside Cafe in the Al-Azhar Park, Cairo|